Sélection choisie de podcasts :
This week, Emily and Michelle are thrilled to welcome special guest, Jen Farrell from Starshaped Press, to talk about the many ways in which the handmade world has changed since starting her letterpress business back in 1999 (that’s 20 years ago)! Jen shares the ways she’s been keeping her ship afloat amidst personal and professional setbacks, including a successful pivot from wholesale to fine art. Spoiler alert: Mimosas were had during the recording of this episode.
3. Everything is alive : is an unscripted interview show in which all the subjects are inanimate objects. In each episode, a different thing tells us its life story–and everything it says is true.
4. Brattlecast : At one of America’s oldest bookshops, there are just as many stories to be told outside the pages as in them. Join Brattle Book Shop proprietor Kenneth Gloss and co-host Jordan Rich as they share insightful and entertaining conversations and histories surrounding Boston’s favorite spot for bibliophiles. Topics range from military autobiographies to regional cookbooks and everything in between. Updates every two weeks.
5. Métiers Rares : The Craft Project est un Think Tank dans lequel les artisans d’art pensent leur avenir et pensent le monde. Il donne lieu à des articles et à des outils mis à la disposition de la communauté. (En Français)
6. Le Sillon noir : Un salon, des vinyles, une platine et des monologues. (En Français).
7. The Brocantist : Une émission hebdomadaire, pour tous les curieux de décoration intérieure. (En Français)
8. Nomadic Printmakers : Tous les mois, un documentaire radiophonique amateur à propos de la gravure, des graveurs ou de l’art imprimé.(En français)
9. Pine Copper Lime : The internet’s number one printmaking podcast.
10. Books in the wild : Books in the Wild is a podcast investigating the hidden stories behind books and printed matter.
11. Paper Talk : Paper Talk is an ongoing series of interviews by Helen Hiebert featuring artists and professionals who are working in the field of hand papermaking.
12. The print life : Each week on The Print Life Podcast, Cam talks about various aspects of the screen printing business. From marketing, to technical insight this podcast is dedicated to helping business people and screen printers get ahead of the competition.
13. Proof, a letterpress podcast : Letterpress printing is an art and an industry of communication with its own stories to tell. From its deep history to the varying processes used today, from shop talk to how it’s made- this podcast collects and presents these stories to connect and contribute to the letterpress community.
14. Letterpress Digest : In the “Letterpress Digest” podcast, novice printer Jordan Berry talks about all things letterpress with some of the most influential and experienced artists, designers, and printers who are using letterpress printing today. You’ll hear guests talk about the resurgence of letterpress and their first printing press as well as numerous helpful and practical tips like how people launched their letterpress business, what type of ink they use, how they found their printing press, how to design for letterpress, and many more. There will also be some fun and entertaining stories along the way, all centered around letterpress.
15. The print cast : The Print Cast is a bi-weekly podcast about the expanding world of printmaking today. Host Nick Naughton talks with some of the best contemporary printmakers working today, including designers, illustrators, collaborative print artists, commercial printers, letterpress, foil stampers, and even book binders. Nick and his guests talk shop sharing anecdotes, business ideas, and technical tips with listeners everywhere. It’s about the printshops, the artists, the process, and why we make all the prints that we make. Naughton is an artist who has devoted two decades to various roles as a printmaker, and he brings his depth of experience to his role as host. He’s been a professor, non-profit shop manager, studio owner, and has practiced every technique from screen print and letterpress to relief, intaglio, installation and everything in between. The show drops a new episode every two weeks featuring some of the best minds working in multiples today.